What is it?
Teen Summer Volunteers are an integral part of an 8 week program that takes place during Phoenix Public Library's annual Summer Reading Program. All summer volunteers are required to attend a training and orientation session at the beginning of the summer to learn their jobs and responsibilities.
- Register children, teens and adults for the online Summer Reading Program;
- Understand and be able to communicate to customers the basic format/dates/rules of the Summer Reading Program
- Help prepare crafts and materials for children's programs
- Assist with drop-in children's programming
- Assisting with setting up and cleaning up on storytime and program days
- Photo copying, cutting paper, cleaning books
- Straightening shelves and public areas
- Alphabetizing materials by author/title and shelving them
- Help staff as needed
Can I volunteer?
- If you are 12-17, self-motivated, friendly & interested in contributing, YES!
When can I apply?
- You may begin submitting your applications April 1st. Applications will be accepted into May if space is available.
To apply, please fill out the 2015 Teen Summer Volunteer Application and Cover Letter and turn them into the library location where you want to volunteer.