What is it?
Teen Summer Volunteers are an integral part of an 8 week program that takes place during Phoenix Public Library's annual Summer Reading Program. All summer volunteers are required to attend a training and orientation session at the beginning of the summer to learn their jobs and responsibilities.
- Register children, teens and adults for the online Summer Reading Program;
- Understand and be able to communicate to customers the basic format/dates/rules of the Summer Reading Program
- Help prepare crafts and materials for children's programs
- Assist with drop-in children's programming
- Assisting with setting up and cleaning up on storytime and program days
- Photo copying, cutting paper, cleaning books
- Straightening shelves and public areas
- Alphabetizing materials by author/title and shelving them
- Help staff as needed
Can I volunteer?
- If you are 12-17, self-motivated, friendly & interested in contributing, YES!
When can I apply?
- You may begin submitting your applications April 1st. Applications will be accepted into May if space is available.
When can I apply to be a teen summer volunteer?
Check back here in Spring 2015 for the 2015 Summer Teen Volunteer Application.