About Harmon Library
Taking inspiration from the play of light and color in a kaleidoscope, Harmon Library shines throughout the day as sunlight ranges across the colored glass in numerous skylights and gunslot windows. Providing a welcoming transition from the exterior, decking leads to a central service desk.
A multi-purpose meeting room seats 75.
Built in 1950, the original Harmon Library (located at 411 W. Yavapai) was Phoenix Public Library's first branch facility. A ceramic mural from the original building has been relocated to a reading patio in the new facility. Three banners that hang from the ceiling trusses depict the mural - each is a photographic representation of 1/3 of the original piece.
The original Harmon Library has been replaced by a landscape installation designed by artist Stacy Levy, entitled "River of Shade." The project was coordinated by City of Phoenix Parks & Recreation Department and the Phoenix Office of Arts and Culture.