Library Advisory Board
The Library Advisory Board is appointed by Mayor and City Council to provide advice on matters of Library policy. It meets the third Wednesday of each month at noon in the 3rd floor Board Room of Burton Barr Central Library.
Members serve staggered three-year terms. Currently, the members are:
- Abraham James, Chair, is an architect.
- Armando Bras, Vice-chair, is the Director of Global Business Development for the Arizona Department of Commerce.
- Deborah Dillon is retired from the City of Phoenix.
- Bryan Ellisor is a senior credit analyst at the Biltmore Bank of Arizona.
- Richard Kelleher is a marketing sociologist.
- Ivette Marquez is the principal of Cesar Chavez Community School.
To apply for appointment to the Library Advisory Board or another City Board or Commission, please complete an application.
The Library Advisory Board endorses the American Library Association's Library Bill of Rights (en español), Freedom to Read Statement (en español) and Freedom to View Statement (en español).